Re: clwords bugfix

>What Unix has a NULL that isn't all-bits-zero?

I'm not sure about Unices, but the C FAQ does list more than one system.

>                                                That would break
>a tremendous amount of code.  There all lots of places in zsh
>that assume this and use memset.  I don't think we should change
>this.

I haven't noticed any other places that use memset for this purpose.  I
only noticed this one because I was looking for this particular bug.  I
think if there are other places that do this we should fix them because
they are broken.  GCC can probably optimise looped assignments to be
almost as good as memset on systems where NULL is all-bits-zero.

-zefram