Re: priority, bgnice

>> 	zsh seems to be running all my jobs
>> (foreground and background) "niced"  I have
>> "unsetopt bgnice" in my .zshrc file.
>>
>> 	I am running zsh-2.6-beta15 (though I
>> had the same problem with beta13 and beta19)
>> on a DEC alpha running osf1 (ver 2.0).

If you're talking about jobs that you're starting from a zsh script,
you'll need to put "unsetopt bgnice" in your .zshenv, because
in that case .zshrc isn't read.
And if your script starts "#!/usr/local/bin/zsh -f",
the -f flag will prevent your .zshenv from being read,
so you would be screwed unless the global /etc/zshenv has
"unsetopt bgnice" in it. All this is due to the fact that
zsh has that option on by default.

- Huy