Re: execcmd() reordering

On May 30,  9:10pm, Zoltan Hidvegi wrote:
} Subject: Re: execcmd() reordering
}
} > When you've got a *huge* expansion which is 50% of the run-time
} > of the command, I'd like to be able to get on with other things.
}
} You can use (foo **/*) &

I tend to agree with Duncan here, I'm afraid.  I may not have any idea
how large a list the glob is going to expand into; it's ridiculous to
expect me to subshell every command that might do a glob.

Furthermore, it'd be really nice to be able to stop (^Z) an unexpectedly
huge glob and then "bg" it, or to interrupt it with ^C if I decide it was
a mistake.

--
Bart Schaefer                     Vice President, Technology, Z-Code Software
schaefer@xxxxxxxxxx                  Division of NCD Software Corporation