Re: COLUMNS problem.

>nu[100]crazy%% unset COLUMNS
>zsh: floating point exception  zsh

That's an effect of setting COLUMNS to zero.  unset does this.  One of
the patches I sent recently, to fix "unset USERNAME", incidentally
fixes this, by stopping unset from zeroing integer parameters.

>nu[104]crazy% COLUMNS= zsh -f
>zsh: floating point exception  COLUMNS= zsh -f
>nu[105]crazy% COLUMNS=0 zsh -f
>zsh: floating point exception  COLUMNS=0 zsh -f

We need to do something about this.  I don't think zsh can handle less
than 2 columns, possibly more.

-zefram