Re: Problem: 2.6.b19, rsh/remsh on Ultrix 4.4

>  1. The rsh/remsh hangs
>     -------------------
>
>  When I want to start a process on remote machine with the command like
>
> > rsh dxbec -l berd 'DISPLAY=forest.ihep.su:0.0 \
> 	/usr/bin/X11/xterm </dev/null >&/dev/null & \
> 	jobs -l ; echo done $$.'
>
>  the remote shell should terminate with xterm disconnected.

Try defining RSH_BUG_WORKAROUND

>  2. The cd/pushd behavior
>
>  One my user complaints that when autopushd and pushdminus options are set,
>  and pushdtohome is not set, then `cd' builtin without arguments in 2.6-beta19
>  always returns to home, but not into the previous directory, as it was in
>  2.6-beta2. However, `pushd' without argument works right.

Yes, an incompatible change.  But the new behaviour is more consistent with
what one would expect.  Maybe there's an argument for creating a new option --
it should have been there in the first place instead of PUSHDTOHOME.

You can, I think, emulate the old behaviour by aliasing cd=pushd

Anthony