Re: Builtin append() and prepend() to PATH, CDPATH, etc.

On Jun 5,  2:25pm, Bart Schaefer wrote:

> } >zsh 4.0:
> } >
> } >1.  wzsh (windowing zsh) is now available.  Also, zsh now has colour
> } >    and menu capabilities on text only terminals.
> }
> } It has colour capabilities to some extent: you can put colour sequences
> } into prompts quite easily.  I don't see any advantage in having zsh use
> } windows in any way.
>
> I tend to agree.  At this point you've rewritten emacs.  Just *get* emacs,
> and run zsh in a shell buffer.

	Wrong.  At this point, you've written a shell whose scripts can use
GUI objects to interact with end users.  If emacs can do that, it shouldn't.

(You know, if the FSF would just add device drivers to it, we could quit
calling
emacs an editor and call it an OS which seems to be what most of its users
want it to be.)

And, as importantly (at least to some of us), you've written a replacement for
one of the proprietary componets of CDE.

	My $.02 worth,
	Clinton