Re: <> redirection operator (was: zsh.texi)

>I agree with that but I'm afraid that this change will break many scripts.
>But it would be definitely simpler and cleaner, and the documentation would
>be much simpler and less confusing.

How often do you use numerical globbing?  I've only ever used it
interactively.  It wouldn't be the first time we've changed behaviour,
and the change required to scripts is trivial.

And regarding the &> redirection you mentioned: I think this is a bad
idea.  It's not POSIX conformant (consider `a &> b c`), and it's not
really necessary.  It is possible to redirect to a file called "-" by
doing `>& ./-`.

-zefram