Re: <> redirection operator (was: zsh.texi)

hzoli@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I decided: in beta21, <> will always do redirection.

This is a big enough change it should go on zsh-announce to see what
the punters think.  It was probably inevitable eventually, but it
would be nice to have some way of easing the pain.  For example,
perhaps the DEBUG code for the next few betas could print some message
like "warning: <> interpreted as redirection".  That shouldn't be much
bother since people are going to be slow to use it.  Otherwise,
debugging is going to be nasty.

Just in case you wanted to know, I have had scripts with this in in
the past.  It's very convenient for managing sets of data files.  That
may have been in the days when I didn't automatically write everything
in perl.

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxx>       Tel: +49 33762 77366
WWW:  http://www.ifh.de/~pws/       Fax: +49 33762 77330