Re: <> redirection operator (was: zsh.texi)

Peter Stephenson said:
> hzoli@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > I decided: in beta21, <> will always do redirection.
>
> This is a big enough change it should go on zsh-announce to see what
> the punters think.

Yeah.  '<->' is a bit cumbersome.  Too bad '#' means something else.

One thing that isnt clear to me.  Is this change just for scripts (everyone
keeps talking about scripts)?  Is it intended that '<>' still means numeric
glob in interactive mode?

> Just in case you wanted to know, I have had scripts with this in in
> the past.  It's very convenient for managing sets of data files.  That
> may have been in the days when I didn't automatically write everything
> in perl.

You bet.  And for managing mh directories.  However all these are things I do
in interactive mode.  Having to use '<->' in a script is fine.