Re: Problem with xterm, zsh-2.6Beta20 and OSF/1

> Erwin J. van Eijk writes on June 14:
>  > I have a slight problem with zsh-2.6Beta20 on OSF/1. The problem is,
>  > that if I widen an xterm window to, say, 130 chars, and I type a lot
>  > of stuff in it, after 80 chars the line is cleared, and the cursor
>  > goes to position 1 in the line. If you do a backspace, the
>  > cursor wraps to the previous line, and garbling everything.

That problem should not occur with beta21.

> I have very similar symptoms on IRIX 5.2 with ZSH_VERSION
> 2.6-beta13. The problem is not easily reproduceable at all, it occurs
> after zsh has been running for a while. When I resize back to a width of
> 80 characters line editing is ok again. Now widen again and it breaks
> now immediately again.
> Very annoying.

Do not you use ncurses?  ncurses-1.9.8a had a bug which sometimes turned
off automargin in xterms.  This has a very similar effect.  This bug is
fixed in ncurses-1.9.9e.  The symphtomes are that when you write anything
to the screen which is longer than the width of the terminal the line will
not wrap (e.g. when you use cat to display a file lines longer than the
screen width will be truncated).

Zoltan