Re: quoting bug, and comparisons with ksh93

> Moving to another topic, I was reading about ksh93 in the recent AT&T
> book on reusable UNIX software.  They've extended the pattern syntax
> so it's equivalent to egrep style regexps (my guess is that zsh's are
> pretty close), and added the nice touch that some option of print will
> convert from a regexp to a ksh pattern.  There are lots of handy
> things for writing scripts, but I tend to use zsh only interactively,
> so for all I know some of these may already exist, although some
> definitely don't: I can't have a variable called a.fred, for example.

ksh93 has many powerful features for scripts.  I admit that for scripts
sometime ksh93 may be better than zsh.  But after the zsh-3.0 we can add
the missing features.  I have already made some experiments with dynamic
know yet is the best interface to modules.  Mudules will certainly appear
after zsh-3.0 is out.

Zoltan