Re: beta21; Bug in execcmd() and job text question

On Jun 27,  1:25am, Thorsten Meinecke wrote:
} Subject: beta21; Bug in execcmd() and job text question
}
} ...but wouldn't it be better to say `eval $foo' in the example below?
}
}  % eval $foo& jobs
}  [1] 884
}  [1]  + running    eval sleep 10

Hmm.  No, actually, I prefer it the way it is above.  If I change the
value of foo, seeing `eval $foo' doesn't tell me anything at all about
what's actually running.

In fact, I'd prefer it if the "eval" got stripped off so all that zsh
prints is `sleep 10'.  After all, "eval" is not a job; the thing that
was being eval'd is the job.

--
Bart Schaefer                             Brass Lantern Enterprises
http://www.well.com/user/barts            http://www.nbn.com/people/lantern

New male in /home/schaefer: