Re: bug (?) in 3.0-pre1

> Seems like almost any of the MUSTUSEHEAP() functions should adjust and
> then restore the allocation strategy internally, rather than relying on
> every caller to do so ...

But usually it is a bug if the caller use permanent allocation.  In most
places zsh uses heap allocation.  It is an exception when a function uses
permanent allocation and in that case it must always be very careful.  I
know that you do not like this heap very much but I still think that it
simplifies the code and makes memory management faster.

Zoltan