Re: cshjunkieparen bothers me (and always has)

Zoltan wrote:
> I approve this without cshjunkietests since it makes the code simpler.  The
> other reason is that the while list; { ... } syntax always worked.
>
> Below is the documentation [...]

> ! Many of zsh's complex commands have alternate forms.  These particular
>   versions of complex commands should be considered deprecated and may be
>   removed in the future.  The versions in the previous section should be
>   preferred instead.

If this syntax is being developed, it seems weird that it's deprecated.  Does
anyone really want to get rid of it?   If so, fine.  But if the sentiment is
that these forms should be available without setting options, shouldn't they:
  a) be supported;
  b) not be advised against in the manual?

It seems a pity not to make the most of this useful feature.

Anthony