Re: Remaining zsh3.0-pre2 bugs

On Jul 6,  3:59pm, Huy Le wrote:
} Subject: Remaining zsh3.0-pre2 bugs
}
} 4. vi-compatibility ZLE bug
} In vi-mode, when hitting <u> for undo, the cursor does not end up
} where it would in vi.

I think this has to do with the very last line of undo() in zle_misc.c:

    cs = ue->cs;

Unless I'm mistaken, this resets the cursor position to where it was
before the undo.  Vi doesn't act that way.  However, there doesn't
seem to be any way to tell whether undo() was called from emacs-mode
"undo" or from vi-mode "vi-undo-change".  Probably the right thing is
to skip that assignment when called as vi-undo-change, but I'm not
sure that's quite right either.

--
Bart Schaefer                             Brass Lantern Enterprises
http://www.well.com/user/barts            http://www.nbn.com/people/lantern

New male in /home/schaefer: