Re: zsh-3.0-pre2 cores on irix 5.3 (?)

> >+ #ifdef DEBUG
> >+     int oasp = toplevel ? 0 : alloc_stackp;
> >+ #endif
>
> Huh?  If we're at the top level, alloc_stackp is 0 anyway.  Even if
> there are bugs, it's 0 at this point -- the beginning of the function.
> Or can loop() be called more than once with toplevel!=0?

run_init_scripts() is called before loop(1) which can mess up alloc_stackp.
Also debug tests should notice even seemingly impossible bugs.  Signal
traps can always cause surprises.  E.g. in execcmd() _very_ weird things
happened before introducing execsave()/execrestore() in dotrap().  For
example variables suddenly changed between two instructions.  Of course
this can still happen any time a global or static variable is used but now
it does not happen as often as before.

Zoltan