Re: CONTRIBUTORS file again

On Jul 9,  3:39am, Zoltan Hidvegi wrote:
} Subject: CONTRIBUTORS file again
}
} I recently asked your opininions about the CONTRIBUTORS file but noone
} replied.  Does that means that noone is concerned about that and everyone
} is satisfied with the present situation?

Have we completely lost the changelogs etc. from 2.5 and before?  (I note
the one in the zsh dist only goes back to where 2.6 started.)

How far back do the zsh-list (the old monolithic list) archives go?  I
have an incomplete archive of it going back several years, but ...

(I have, for example, the first message Richard Coleman ever posted to
zsh-list.  I tried to forward it the day he handed the archive over to
Zoltan, but at that time I wasn't aware posting to zsh-announce was
restricted, so it vanished into the ether.)

} I cannot rewrite CONTRIBUTORS alone because I do not know what happened in
} the development of zsh before 1995.  If you lost my original mail about
} that I can send it again.

I know some of what happened going back to before Paul F. graduated ...
to 1990 or so? ... but as I've mentioned, I was pretty much ignoring
things from around 2.4.100 through about 2.6-beta9; and the machine
on which I kept the really ancient sources died a while back.  Anyway,
Paul and I were trading mail about zsh before there was a zsh-list,
so it all sort of blurs together at this point.  And of course there
were people at Princeton who were involved longer ago than I was.

Do you have some idea what you're hoping to include?

--
Bart Schaefer                             Brass Lantern Enterprises
http://www.well.com/user/barts            http://www.nbn.com/people/lantern

New male in /home/schaefer: