Re: CONTRIBUTORS file again

>Perhaps I'll include the current CONTRIBUTORS removing those added during
>the 2.6 development (this just means that Wayne Davison and myself will be
>removed but not Richard since it seems to me that zsh-2.5.02 and zsh-2.5.03
>were put together by him) and rename it to something like CONTRIBUTORS-2.5.
>
>Then I'll create a new file mentioning the major contributors to zsh-3.0
>noting that other people who have submitted submitted patches are mentioned
>in the ChangeLog.  This means that I do not have to think about what
>happened before 2.5.

That's a reasonable idea, but it just means that we get a new, short,
file for every major version.

>But these two files may be put together keeping the name CONTRIBUTORS,
>perhaps that's even better.

I think so, but it would be good to have more than just a list of names
in that case.  Just mention which areas each person has hacked, and in
which major versions.

I think the details of what you do with CONTRIBUTORS doesn't matter,
provided you (a) keep the existing credits in some form and (b) credit
recent developers in some way.

>started sometime near the end of 1992 (that's the time when I got my first
>Internet account :-)).

Wow, that means I was on-line before you were.  I was `around' on JaNet
(the British academic network) in 1988-1990 or so.  (Nothing like the
modern Internet, of course, but there was some semblance of a
connection to ARPANET.)

-zefram