Re: Zle display bug with LONG expansions

:On Jul 11,  8:32pm, Zoltan Hidvegi wrote:
:} Subject: Re: Zle display bug with LONG expansions
:} > In an 80x32 (or smaller?) xterm, do the following:
:} > zagzig[38] echo **/*<TAB>
:} zle doen not handle the case when a line does not fit onto the screen.

It used to work though there were one or two bugs.  I'll be fixing it.

:Well, I know it doesn't handle it the way it does when a line does fit,
:but it's obviously trying to do *something*.
:} Geoff told me that for some reason zsh have to know in advance wether the
:} current terminal automatically wraps the line.  He is probably right since
:} some terminals start a new line when a character is printed in the last
:} column while most terminals start a new line only is a character is printed
:} after the last column.

I used to have it so automargin didn't matter but it didn't work on about one
out of hundreds of terminal types (some type of xterm, SGI I think(?)).  And
it simplified the code by an enormous amount.  However, you can now use COLUMNS
to fake/force column width (what a bonus :-)
--
Mason [G.C.W]  mason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx    "Hurt...Agony...Pain...LOVE-IT"