Re: Small problem with typeset -U.

On Jul 12,  5:01pm, Andrej Borsenkow wrote:
} Subject: Small problem with typeset -U.
}
} A little problem with mirror parameters (like path and PATH) and typeset
} -U command.
}
} If I set -U option for one of pair of mirrored parameters, it is not set
} for other.
}
} I have a small patch for zsh-3.0-pre2, which (I hope;) corrects it. It
} checks, wether parameter is special, and wether it has counterpart; if
} yes, it sets PM_UNIQUE for it also.

Why limit it to PM_UNIQUE?  Surely there are other flags etc. that should
be mirrored along with the values ... `integer', for example ... but then
there are some, such as `exported', that should not be mirrored ...  hmm.

} I think, that it would be better solved by adding one more flag (say,
} PM_MIRRORED). It would provide for creating arbitrary user defined paires
} of mirrored parameters.

This would be great; however, we'd also need flags for PM_COLONARRAY to
identify arrays that should be colon-separated, and maybe a flag for
variables that should never become unset.

--
Bart Schaefer                             Brass Lantern Enterprises
http://www.well.com/user/barts            http://www.nbn.com/people/lantern

New male in /home/schaefer: