Re: False alarm (nonomatch and cshnullglob)

schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> zsh% setopt nobadpattern nonomatch
> zsh% echo ( Make | buy )
> zsh: no match
>
> I forgot that I also have cshnullglob set.

I suppose that's right, since the manual says that nullglob overrides
nonomatch, and (elsewhere) that cshnullglob overrides nullglob, but it
does seem a bit of a palaver deciding on the behaviour, easy to get
confused, and hard to set the behaviour you want if there are default
settings in /etc/zshrc.  Still, there doesn't seem to be much to do
without a really radical options overhaul (setopt
nomatch=csh/null/none would be nice).

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxx>       Tel: +49 33762 77366
WWW:  http://www.ifh.de/~pws/       Fax: +49 33762 77330