Re: Z-Shell Frequently Asked Questions (monthly posting)

>   From 3.0-pre3, [[, { and } are reserved words, hence must be
>     separated from other characters by whitespace.  (This change may
>     be partially backed out since it breaks many scripts.)

I'm going to include this FAQ a little bit modified in pre4, patch included
below.  It is not likely that the old [[ ... ]] behaviour will ever be
restored because it conflicts with the POSIX character class patterns like
[[:alpha:]].

Zoltan

*** /tmp/FAQ	Thu Jul 25 22:22:34 1996
--- FAQ	Thu Jul 25 22:22:38 1996
***************
*** 204,210 ****
    completion.  This version is known to have a bug with pipelines
    inside other shell structures (now fixed in 2.6).

!   The release of zsh 3.0 is imminent; currently 3.0-pre3 is available.
    Major zsh sites are particularly encouraged to download this and
    report any bugs.  The new major number 3.0 largely reflects the
    considerable internal changes in zsh to make it more reliable,
--- 204,210 ----
    completion.  This version is known to have a bug with pipelines
    inside other shell structures (now fixed in 2.6).

!   The release of zsh 3.0 is imminent; currently 3.0-pre4 is available.
    Major zsh sites are particularly encouraged to download this and
    report any bugs.  The new major number 3.0 largely reflects the
    considerable internal changes in zsh to make it more reliable,
***************
*** 1127,1134 ****

    Changes since zsh 2.5:
    From 3.0-pre3, [[, { and } are reserved words, hence must be
!     separated from other characters by whitespace.  (This change may
!     be partially backed out since it breaks many scripts.)
    The option CSH_JUNKIE_PAREN has been removed:  csh-like code now
      always does what it looks like it does, so `if ( ... ) ...'
      executes the code in parentheses in a subshell.  To make this
--- 1127,1135 ----

    Changes since zsh 2.5:
    From 3.0-pre3, [[, { and } are reserved words, hence must be
!     separated from other characters by whitespace.  From 3.0-pre4
!     { and } work again without whitespace if the IGNORE_BRACES option
!     is not set.