Re: Procmail rejects zsh as being "broken"

>For exactly that reason GNU make simply ignores the SHELL environment
>variable and sets it to /bin/sh.  I do not know how other makes behave but
>they should do the same.

I always set SHELL to /bin/sh explicitly in Makefiles.  GNU standards
recommend this too.  This is really an example of the now deeply
ingrained double usage of SHELL -- to specify the preferred interactive
shell and the standard shell.  Too many programs confuse the two
concepts and end up using $SHELL (zsh in my case) when they really want
a Bourne shell (/bin/sh on every Unix system I've ever heard of).

-zefram