Function output re-direction

I've stumbled across a rather bad bug in pre5.  I haven't applied any of the
patches yet, so if this has already been fixed, feel free to ignore this
message.  When I pipe input to a shell function and re-direct the output,
stdout of the shell is re-directed as well:

spacely% zsh -f
spacely% echo $ZSH_VERSION
3.0-pre5
spacely% function x {
> echo x
> }
spacely% x
x                                       # OK so far
spacely% ls | x >/dev/null
spacely% ls                             # Output is gone!
spacely% exec >/dev/tty                 # got it back

This is on Solaris 2.5, built with the Sparcworks 4.1 compiler.

--vin