BSD_ECHO

|+ #ifdef SH_USE_BSD_ECHO
|      {"bsdecho", 		0,    0,    OPT_EMULATE|OPT_SH},
|+ #else
|+     {"bsdecho", 		0,    0,    0},
|+ #endif

There are two problems with this.  Firstly, BSD_ECHO should have the
OPT_EMULATE flag, regardless of its default state.  Secondly, as I've
said before, it's a really bad idea to try to emulate the native sh --
on some OSes, such as the one I'm using here, the results of the
configure test depend on what the installer's $PATH is set to.  I
suggest you revert this patch for the final final 3.0 release, or at
least add the OPT_EMULATE flag to the second case.

-zefram