Re: 3.0.0 configure failure (bug in autoconf 2.10?)

On Aug 20,  8:16am, Bob Glickstein wrote:
} Subject: Re: 3.0.0 configure failure (bug in autoconf 2.10?)
}
} > So just exactly who is wrong here?  autoconf?  gcc 2.7.0?
}
} It could be either.  What causes the autoconf 2.10 version of the
} lstat test to fail?  (Find out by looking in config.log after running
} configure.)

I included that in the original message.

/tmp/cca194791.o(.text+0x14): undefined reference to `lstat'

That's all, nothing else.  I just figured out why it fails, though:  lstat
is an *inline function only* that expands to a call to _lxstat.  If you
don't include <sys/stat.h> (which the conftest does not), you can't detect
lstat.

Perhaps AC_CHECK_FUNCS is the wrong way to test for lstat?  I don't have
autoconf 2.10 installed to check the info for a more specific AC_* test.

--
Bart Schaefer                             Brass Lantern Enterprises
http://www.well.com/user/barts            http://www.nbn.com/people/lantern

New male in /home/schaefer: