Re: 3.0.0 configure failure (bug in autoconf 2.10?)

> Perhaps AC_CHECK_FUNCS is the wrong way to test for lstat?  I don't
> have autoconf 2.10 installed to check the info for a more specific
> AC_* test.

Well, there's AC_PROG_LN_S, which tests whether "ln -s" works; that
should indirectly indicate the availability of lstat().  But
AC_CHECK_FUNCS should work, and I consider it a bug in autoconf that
it doesn't.  I suggest sending a bug report to
bug-gnu-utils@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx