Re: Distribution terms

>Before you go through that hassle, perhaps we should have (a) a statement
>from Zoltan on whether he thinks the patches are worth including in the
>first place, and (b) a discussion on zsh-workers about that statement.
>
>I, for one, find this to be complete fluff and would just as soon skip it.

Absolutely.  There's no need for this to be built in to zsh, and it
wouldn't pull its weight if it were.  Few people would use it (I can't
stand coloured ls output) -- it'd be quite a lot of useless code.

Much better would be a generalisation of completion listing so that one
could have a shell function statting each file via [[ -S $foo ]] etc.,
and outputting the colour codes itself.  It would mean a few more
syscalls (possibly), but (a) it's infinitely configurable, (b) it
doesn't require much more code, (c) overhead is almost zero for people
not using it.

-zefram