Re: minor bug with ${}

On Sep 23, 10:43am, Peter Stephenson wrote:
} Subject: Re: minor bug with ${}
}
} A better syntax would have been something like `${{a:s/b/cd/}#c}' to
} do the substitution above, with an extra $ doing what you were
} expecting.  (It's a bit late now, since it would wreck all of Bart's
} scripts, yet again :-(.)

Chuckle.  Actually, I don't use "nested" substitution very much.  It's
only in the last few months that I've started replacing some constructs
that required external "sed"s etc. with some of this stuff.

I'm just as opposed to breaking other people's scripts, though. :-}

--
Bart Schaefer                             Brass Lantern Enterprises
http://www.well.com/user/barts            http://www.nbn.com/people/lantern

New male in /home/schaefer: