Re: bug fix for zsh 3.0.0

> Keith Bostic wrote:
>> Some termcap databases (e.g., the one distributed with ncurses) have
>> entries larger than 1K.  When combined with termcap library code that
>> doesn't limit the length of the copied record to 1K (e.g., old 4BSD
>> implementations) it can drop core.
>
> That can only happen if a single capability string is bigger thatn 1024
> bytes.  Did you really see a coredump from that part of the code or you
> just see it as a theoretical bug?

Single capability strings in some termcap databases are bigger
than 1K.  I really saw a coredump in a previous version of zsh.
The fix for that version was:

	--- ./src/zsh.h 1995/12/07 21:40:24     1.1
	+++ ./src/zsh.h 1996/10/23 16:18:58
	@@ -1855,7 +1855,7 @@

	 /* the termcap buffer */

	-EXTERN char termbuf[1024];