Re: Solaris x86?

Hi... I think I figured out the problem, but I can't solve it!  In the
FAQ, there is a mention that nawk on some systems has a bug which causes
the signal handling to be treated wrong.  The workaround is to use gawk.
That is why it compiled fine on the sparc solaris 2.5 machine but not any
of the pentium solaris 2.5 machines.  the sparc has gawk installed.  I
tried to compile gawk, and it wont compile on the pentiums either!  So, I
figured no big deal - I'll just use gawk on the sparc to generate the
correct signames.h file for the pentium, but I can't for the life of me
figure out how to do that.

You might want to add this to the Machines file if you can reproduce it -
Solaris 2.5's nawk doesn't work right.

Any suggestions?
Scott