Re: Solaris x86?

On Tue, 29 Oct 1996, Richard Coleman wrote:

> The nawk on Solaris x86 should work fine (as it is from the same code
> code as the one on Solaris sparc).  I suspect you are trying to use
> a gcc that hasn't been installed correctly.  Did you run the script to
> fix the includes when you installed gcc?

We figured out that it wasn't the nawk.  I didn't install gcc on the
system, so I'm not sure about that.  The stage I got to yesterday, but
haven't had time since then to work on is this: I ran gcc -E on
sys/signal.h on both the sparc and the x86 machine.  The sparc output has
the normal things you'd expect - the x86 output is almost entirely blank!
There is some #ifdef that just doesn't belong, or something needs to be
#define'd to work on the x86.  I'll report back once I have the time to
pick through the includes more carefully.

Scott