Re: Strange behavior of autocd under IRIX 6.2

> A friend who is not on the mailing lists reports that, under IRIX 6 only,
> autocd doesn't work for the directory ".." (parent directory) unless you
> use something like "./.." or "../".  He says it works using just ".." in
> Linux 2.0 and in SunOS, same version of zsh; but not in IRIX 6, where it
> produces "command not found".

I have a same problem under IRIX6.2. It is because command ".." is
hashed in cmdnamtab.

When I execute opendir() with directory "/usr/bsd" in hashdir(),
1st readdir() returns "."
2nd readdir() returns "w"
3rd readdir() returns ".."
And, ".." is hashed in cmdnamtab.

--
ONO Hideki  <ono@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Department of Electronics and Communication