Re: modules configuration patch

>Please no. looking for xxx/yyy in the current directory just because it
>contains a / is horrible. The normal method for zsh to search for ordinary
>programs is to look in the PATH for xxx/yyy stuff, why not for modules
>as well? Makes it more consistent. This was added by PF after I requested
>it as it is perfect for managing the PATH namespace. It would be nice
>to have this for modules as well.

Actually both approaches are available for PATH.  The default is the
one I suggested.  Perhaps (z|)modload should honour PATH_DIRS.

Might I also suggest that .so be appended always (whether or not the
path i searched), and the filename tried without the suffix only if
that fails.  This provides the expected behaviour in all but the most
freaky cases.

-zefram