Re: Bug in zsh v3.0-pre3 (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 1996 18:18:10 -0800
From: Paul Falstad <pjf@xxxxxxx>
To: Mick J Hellstrom <mick.hellstrom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Bug in zsh v3.0-pre3

Mick J Hellstrom says:
| Subject: Bug in zsh v3.0-pre3
| Paul,
| 	I just recently found a bug in zsh. Following is what happened;
|
| comnet2 [/users/hellstrm] Tue 12 10:13am {hellstrm} %                   @qe
| comnet2 [/users/hellstrm] Tue 12 10:13am {hellstrm} % ypcat passwd | awk
| -F":" '{print $1 "" $5}'
|                   ^ - Cursor was here.
|
| # I then inserted a tab.
|

| comnet2 [/users/hellstrm] Tue 12 10:13am {hellstrm} % ypcat passwd | awk
| -F":" '{print $1 "BUG: 0 <= wb <= cs <= we is not true!
|

| That's all that happened. I can re-create it very easily, even on new
| shells. I gather it would have something to do with the double quotes
| within the single quotes.

I don't maintain zsh anymore; you should send this bug report
to zsh-workers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

--
Paul Falstad, pjf@xxxxxxx, 805-966-4935, http://www.ttinet.com/pjf/
    work: pf@xxxxxxxxxxxx, 805-882-2470, http://www.software.com/

  Sharp, stabbing pains in the chest or stomach: These are usually
caused by being stabbed in the chest or stomach with a sharp object,
but it could be something worse.
  Dull, aching pains in the head: These are usually caused by a
headache.  Often, you can cure yourself merely by being irritable; if
that doesn't work, you may need aspirin or brain surgery.
  Vomiting: This is usually caused by eating clams.
    	-- Dave Barry