Re: bug with "compctl -L" in 3.0.1

Peter Stephenson wrote:
> Fung-Chai Lim wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Although I did a ``compctl -e disable'', ``compctl -L disable''
> > returns ``compctl disable''.  So does ``compctl''.  This bug
> > is in both versions 3.0.0 and 3.0.1.
>
> The manual page says -e has no effect without -d, so on its own it's
> completely ignored and not even stored: you would need -de (I don't
> know why it was done like that).  However, since its function is to

Because it is the default.  The manual says:

          -e    Without -d this option has no effect.   Otherwise
               this can be combined with -F, -B, -w, -a, -R and -
               G to get names of  functions,  builtins,  reserved
               words or aliases even if they are disabled.

It may be changed to -e combined with -F, -B ... lists enabled ... but
that's the default unless -d is also given.  So in fact it has no effect
without -d.

Zoltan