Re: Job control under IRIX [5.3/6.2]

Hey Peter (and all),

> Check stty -a and make sure susp is ^z and intr is ^c.  I've seen some
> funny things from time to time.  There's a bug, which may or may not be
> related, reported some time ago that if you foreground a process using
> less then quit with q that the settings are messed up.

Yet that was it ... so in my .zlogin I added,

	stty intr '^C' susp '^Z' ...

susp was ^@ before I got to it and intr was DEL of all things?  But this
is apparently the default under IRIX.  My default /etc/cshrc for the *Csh
users includes the line,

	stty intr '^C' echoe

It is true, you learn something new everyday ... ;)

Thanks for the help,

--ryan

+ Ryan Dooley                       * ryan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx             +
+ Network / Systems Administrator   * voice: (573) 882-2162             +
+ University of Missouri - Columbia * College of Education              +