From: Xris Laas <chrisl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: The Root Of All Evil <root@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Compctl for tar -- how to submit to contrib?
To: zsh-workers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I wrote a pretty good (not bugfree, but works 99% of the time for me)
compctl function.  It semi-parses the options, and if the action is
extract (x), list (t), or diff (d), it completes other arguments as
files *within* the archive.  Of course, it doesn't work with the
archive as STDIN (-), for obvious reasons.  I'm not sure how to submit
it to the contrib archive/source distribution, but I figured if I post
it on the list, it'll make its way there eventually.  Here it is:

Filename: tar-complete-function
---CUT HERE---
#!/bin/zsh
# tar-complete-function
# This is used with the compctl command.  Put this file into your Zsh
# function autoload directory, and put this in your .zshrc:
#
# compctl -K tar-complete-function \
#	-x 'C[-1,-*C][-1,--directory]' -g '(|.)*(-/)' \
#	-  'C[-1,-*f][-1,--file], p[2] W[1,*f]' -f \
#	-  'C[-1,-*T][-1,--files-from]' -f \
#	-  'C[-1,-*X][-1,--exclude-from]' -f \
#	-  'c[-1,--use-compress-program]' -c \
#	-- tar
# autoload tar-complete-function
#
# I also like to use these aliases with this:
# alias untar='tar xvf'
# alias lstar='tar tvf'
# alias zuntar='tar xzvf'
# alias zlstar='tar tzvf'

local comp cmdline action file zopt list elem
comp=$1
read -Ac cmdline
set $cmdline
shift
1=${1#-}
action=${1[1]}
1=-$1
file=""
while [[ "$1" != "" ]]; do
	if [[ $1 == -*f* && $1 != --* ]]; then
		file=${1#-*f}
		if [[ "$file" == "" ]]; then
			file=$2
			shift
		fi
	elif [[ "$1" == "--file" ]]; then
		file=$2
		shift
	fi
	shift
done
if [[ "$file" == "" ]]; then
	file=-
fi
case $action in
	A) reply=(${comp}*.tar) ;;
	c|r|u) reply=(${comp}*) ;;
	d|t|x)
		if [[ "$file" == "-" ]]; then
			reply=(${comp}*)
		else
			if [[ $file == (|.)*.(gz|tgz|z|taz|Z|taZ) ]]; then zopt=z; fi
			list=(`tar t${zopt}f $file`)
			reply=()
			for elem in $list; do
				if [[ $elem == ${comp}* ]]; then reply=($reply $elem); fi
			done
		fi
esac
---CUT HERE---

--
... that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these
ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to

{ Chris "Xris" Laas }----{ chrisl@xxxxxxxxxxxx }----{ xris@xxxxxxx }

------- End of Forwarded Message