Re: Man pages missing

Juergen Christoffel wrote:
> I second Vidiot's suggestion to separate (a set of) terse man page(s)
> and a much larger/better manual. I'd even be willing to help in
> putting the latter together.

I have to say I'm very much against reducing the man pages.  It's more on
the theme of `what the average system administrator actually does', which
is install the man pages and no other documentation.  In my experience
(not theory, this is a real problem I've often had) if the information
disappears from the man pages it's simply not made available to the
user on a great many machines.

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxx>       Tel: +49 33762 77366
WWW:  http://www.ifh.de/~pws/       Fax: +49 33762 77413