hist_strip_spaces for 3.0.3?

Has anyone redone the hist_strip_spaces patch against 3.0.3-test4?  I liked
the way it modifies hist_ignore_dups to save only the most recent of the
duplicate entries (rather than saving only the oldest) because it makes the
timestamps from `history -d` so much more sensible.

The history code has been shuffled around enough that histcmp() from the
original patch no longer works, and I don't know when I'll have time to
re-learn the history mechanism well enough to fix it.

--
Bart Schaefer                             Brass Lantern Enterprises
http://www.well.com/user/barts            http://www.nbn.com/people/lantern