Re: Are completion and prompt expansion 8-bit clean?

Alain Caron wrote:
> Being a francophone, I like using filenames with french characters.
> I usually have no problem with it except in two situations.

If this is any help, I've now set

LC_ALL=en_US

for my X environment and ISO-8859-1 characters are appearing OK
(setting LC_CTYPE would have done), which they didn't in the default
locale.  The setup here is a bit stingy with locales, there's only the
two.  mileage/milage [i.e., your mileage may vary].

I may add some such suggestion to the FAQ --- if anyone has better
suggestions for particular machines, please mail me.

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxx>       Tel: +49 33762 77366
WWW:  http://www.ifh.de/~pws/       Fax: +49 33762 77413