Re: zsh 3.0.4 with IRIX 6.2/IDO

Jason R Mastaler wrote:
>I'd like to compile zsh without GCC (for various reasons), so I'm
>using the SGI C compiler (IDO).  When configuring with GCC, the
>compiler flags "-Wall -Wno-implicit -Wmissing-prototypes -O2" are
>chosen by default.  These flags aren't available for the IDO
>obviously, but they must have been chosen for a reason.

They were chosen because they warn about most undesirable constructs.
In order to use a non-GCC compiler, just export the environment variable
CC in the environment of configure.  For example,

CC=cc ./configure

will use cc as the compiler, and "-O" as CFLAGS (which you can override
in the same way).

>BTW, compilation did yield one non-fatal warning I thought I'd bring
>to your attention.  Otherwise, no problems.
>
>        cc -c -I.. -I. -I.  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -O2 zle_tricky.c
>cfe: Warning 709: zle_tricky.c, line 1553: Incompatible pointer type assignment
>        cb.foreach = (int ((*) (void) )) match_username;

Question to developers: why was the (void) added?  It seems to have been
fine with just ().

-zefram