Re: 3.0.4 bug: wrong character in hungetc()

Andrej Borsenkow wrote about Re: 3.0.4 bug: wrong character in hungetc():
:On 24 Jul 1997, Geoff Wing wrote:
:> I might have missed this previously.  Has this bug been dealt with?
:> % while ( [[ $I bug 10 ]] ) ; do ; done
:> zsh: condition expected: bug
:> BUG: wrong character in hungetc()
:> BUG: wrong character in hungetc()
:> BUG: wrong character in hungetc()
:Hmmm ... My ZSH 3.0.4 doesn't say "BUG: wrong character in hungetc()", but
:acts somewhat strange:
:
:bor@itsmx1:~%> while ( [[ $I bug 10 ]] ) ; do ; done
:zsh: condition expected: bug
:     Now UpArrow and
:bor@itsmx1:~%> while ( [[ $I bug 1
:                                  ^ where is the rest of string?

One of the things I like least, and would probably require a big patch, is
that when parsing fails or gets interrupted, eg. CTRL-C during spelling
confirmation, the line only gets stored in history up to (approximately)
where it got up to.

:I don't recall to use any patches for 3.0.4

You're getting the same bug.  "BUG:" lines don't appear unless you have the
right debug define set, eg. via configure, and I presumed that most of us
working on it would, like me, define them all.  But it's good that you get
reproduce it.  It'll mean that most other people probably can too, which
means we'll let them fix it :-)
--
Geoff Wing [mason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]                   Phone    : +61-3-9818 2977
 Technical Manager: PrimeNet Computer Consultants    Facsimile: +61-3-9819 3788