zsh 3.0.4 core dump when HISTSIZE exceeded

With the following options set:

autocd
cdablevars
noclobber
ignoreeof
listtypes

(In addition to the default settings of

interactive
monitor
norcs
shinstdin
zle

for zsh -f)

`zsh -f` will dump core in malloc() shortly after exceeding HISTSIZE
commands.  The stack is completely trashed at this point; even running
inside gdb I was unable to get a backtrace beyond malloc().

I'm not sure exactly which of those options is pertinent; I know only
that I was unable to get `zsh -f` to crash without first setting them,
and that it crashed rapidly after setting HISTSIZE=5 with those options
in effect.  I set those options by copying the $- value of another user
here who has repeatedly encountered this crash (he typically gets it
upon executing his 101st command with HISTSIZE=100; this most recent
time, he mailed me the output of `set`, from which I grabbed $-).

SAVEHIST is not set.  I tend to suspect ignoreeof, but I'm not sure why.

--
Bart Schaefer                                                   Zanshin
http://www.well.com/user/barts                   http://www.zanshin.com