Re: Bizarre Solaris problem

On Nov 12,  1:22pm, Anthony Heading wrote:
} Subject: Bizarre Solaris problem
}
} I compile it *statically* under SunOS 4.1.3, using either acc or gcc,
} and attempt to run it under Solaris 2.5.1.

I think you're going to have to be more specific about "attempt to run
it."  Since it's doing something with argv[1], the arguments that you're
passing are pretty important.

Where are you executing this?  From .zshrc or .cshrc or .profile or ?

} su <zsh> : OK
} zsh -l : OK
} su - <zsh> : hangs
}
} Having got into a "hang" configuration, su - <csh> *doesn't* reverse
} back into a working state.
}
} Those four pieces of evidence seem to rule out the problem as being in
} the environment or the zlogin file?

They probably rule out /etc/zlogin or ~/.zlogin, but not the environment.