Re: PATCH: zsh 3.x: <..> ranges in globbing

Andrej Borsenkow wrote:
>I am not sure, that it is right thing. The <m-n> can (always?) be
>rewritten using plain extended regular expression.

Yes, we should always handle it properly, as if this were done.

>Actually, what about replacing "ad hoc" code in ZSH by direct translation
>into normal regexp? It will probably be faster (who knows)

I suspect that it will make little performance difference in the majority
of cases.  It would, however, cause serious portability problems, if
we tried to use the system's regexp library.  Many regexp libraries
don't actually have the power of zsh glob patterns for patten matching,
to say nothing of **/.

                                                           and will give
>ZSH full power to support i18n

In what respect?