Re: PATCH: zsh-3.1.2-zefram3: 12 hour clock in prompts

pws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>It looks (as I mentioned before) as if someone has rationalised the %l
>strftime sequence to do the same as in strftime(), i.e. print a space
>before a number less than 10 in an hour given in 12-hour format.

Hmm.

ztrftime() is disgusting.  I'd really like to strip it down to what POSIX
requires date(1) to handle (and make it really POSIX conformant) -- to
hell with existing users, it's used almost purely for prompts.  Then do
what should have been done with strftime() from the start: add flags to
the % sequences to specify the type of fill.  What do people think?

-zefram