Re: zsh-3.1.2-zefram3

Bart wrote:
> This is true, but seems clumsy especially because the EOF char is normally
> overloaded as delete-char-or-list.  You'd be forced to write a user-defined
> widget that implemented `delete-char-or-list-or-eof' to make it work right.

Indeed.

> On the other hand, I don't believe that vared *should* behave the way that
> typing text into `cat` would.  Vared is not a streaming editor; I expect
> it to behave like an editor that controls my terminal, not like a process
> blindly reading from standard input.

OK. I suppose I was thinking that vared could easily be a streaming editor,
and read standard input slightly less blindly.

> How exactly does this change the behavior, again?  EOF on any empty line
> is EOF, even in a multiline edit?  Yes, I object to that.  I want EOF to
> be EOF when typed on an empty line at a PS1 prompt, and nowhere else.

Fair.  But I want EOF to be EOF also in my vared-based `cat' emulator.

So at most, then, this should be an option for vared, and not a default.

I shall revamp my patch to be less intrusive, and not change any of the
current behaviour.

Cheers