Re: Completion on cd

On Sun, 1 Feb 1998, Oliver Kiddle wrote:

> I tracked the problem down to this line:
>
> compctl -Tx 'C[0,*/*]' -f - 's[~]' -k users -S/ \
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yep. -T applies *before* anything else, and you just told it, that */*
must complete all files.  I am curious, if 'cd dir1/dir2/xTAB' works
correctly (that is, if pattern doesn't descend :-)

You would be probably better off by using -D flag. It allows you to
override it on per-command/per-argument basis and still be applied in
default case. In most cases it should be the same as you have, with
exception that -/ will work :-)

> There may well be a problem with this though it seems to work and I
> can't see any nasty suprises but I would strongly suggest that the
> manual is changed so that nobody else has this problem.

Sorry, in which respect? Manual *does* say, that -T is default applied
before anything else.

> Note that the problem with cd ..[tab] beeping as opposed to completing
> to cd ../ is still there.

I agree, that it must be sorted. At least, -/ must complete .. as
well.

Andrej Borsenkow 		Fax:   +7 (095) 252 01 05
SNI ITS Moscow			Tel:   +7 (095) 252 13 88

NERV:  borsenkow.msk		E-Mail: borsenkow.msk@xxxxxx