Re: up-line-or-search still 'fixed'!

On Tue, Apr 28, 1998 at 01:34:46PM +0100, I wrote:
> We had the following discussion a couple of months back.  Zefram, can you please comment.

Sorry to follow up my own email (though I realize my sig needed to be updated).
Am just trying to patch in the old behaviour, and realizing it's quite involved -
ZLE_HISTSEARCH has been excised, and histpos is no longer a static variable,
so there's no record of how far through a word the search should be keyed from.

I'm willing to write a patch to add this all back again if it would help, but
there's not much point unless there's a desire to maintain this functionality.
Why was it so totally removed?

Anthony J.R. Heading    J.P. Morgan & Co. Inc, Singapore
Email: heading_anthony@xxxxxxxxxxxx    Tel: +65 326 9027